Biogen Idec offers a highly competitive and comprehensive employee compensation & benefits package. We believe that employee benefits are a significant part of Biogen Idec rewards. Biogen Idec provides various employee benefits that include:
Biogen Idec has a Total Reward Philosophy that aims to attract and retain the best employees in our industry. It is designed to reflect pay for performance and the entrepreneurial spirit we seek in our employees. Biogen Idec is committed actively benchmarking our Total Rewards to ensure that both current and future employees consistently benefits from competitive terms and conditions.
- Competitive Annual Salaries.
- Annual Bonus Plan for all employees (out with Sales teams) that is based on individual performance goals with a multiplier based on company success.
- A competitive Sales Incentive Plan for Sales staff.
- Very competitive Long-term Stock Incentive Program for all employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate.
- An attractive contributory personal pension scheme.
- Recognition Programs for exceptional contributions to our business
- Selection of childcare programs to ease the financial cost of employees' childcare needs
- Assisted relocation programs for new hires and employee transfers
Development and Recognition
Biogen Idec believes in growing our organisation organically and is committed to providing development processes and opportunities to allow staff to maximise their career potential. Retention of staff is a key business goal, and as such, we manage a selection of reward and recognition programs, including:
- Long term Service Awards
- Employee and Manager driven recognition programs
- Corporate Leadership Awards
- Spot Awards
- Team Building and Team Reward Activities
- A managed further education program to encourage Continual Professional Development and professional growth
- A comprehensive development program and training curriculum
Employee Benefits for Peace of Mind
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health care Cover
- Dental care Cover
- Medical Screening
- Employee Assistance Program
At Biogen Idec we are continually monitoring or improving our Lifestyle Benefits to ensure that we are providing an environment that supports our goals of being an Employer of Choice. We have recently implemented our Flexible Working Philosophy and our working with our Employee Liaison Team to proposed enhancements to our current benefits.
- Flexible Working Philosophy
“Biogen Idec Limited is committed to improving the working lives of all employees in helping to achieve a balance between the demands of work and personal life.
Biogen Idec Limited endeavors to support employees, wherever possible, to relieve any conflicting demands between work and home, whether the requirement is a one-off, temporary or permanent requirement. This philosophy aims to establish an attractive working environment, which supports employee’s work-life balance and their contractual obligations, without compromising business needs and goals.
This philosophy works alongside the formal processes that are in place for leave, requests to permanent contractual changes and grievances. There is intentionally no formal process for our Flexible Working Philosophy in order to keep as much flexibility as possible for employees. This philosophy works on the basis of trust. It is built on the concept of open and regular communication between managers and employees. This Flexible Working Philosophy requires both the Company and employees to be flexible and understanding of the needs of each party. To allow the Company to consider these requests, it is implicit that open communication exists and that the Company understands the reasons, as much notice is given as possible, and that flexibility exists on both sides.
It is the intention of the Company that the Flexible Working Philosophy is adopted and ingrained into our organization as part of the Biogen Idec culture, and that there is a consistent approach across the whole organisation.”
- Competitive holiday allocations
- Competitive HR Policies including maternity, paternity and adoption policies
- Tax Advice
- Contribution to Gym Membership